Friday, February 20, 2009

LIVING WITH FLOWERS


"if I had but three loaves of bread, I would sell one and by hyacinths"

-the Koran

Nothing sums up the way I feel about flowers more than this beautiful quote from the Koran. Living with flowers is all about feeding our souls. Liz and I will forgo a lot of luxuries for one of the simplest, but most profound luxuries there is- a vase full of blooms. Europeans have long cherished flowers and used them in their daily lives in a way few Americans do. A trip to the green grocer, the butcher, the fromageries, would not be complete without a stop at the neighborhood flower stand.

These days flowers are more available to American consumers than ever before, and at affordable prices. We often stop at Tom Thumb or Central Market just for flowers to brighten up our abode.

I'll be updating the blog over the next few days with suggestions on living with flowers.

-Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment